These delicious, handy stuffed mushrooms work as a great appetizer to meals or for a gathering! They’re too easy to make and no crazy ingredients or tools are needed!
- 12-18 whole FORGOTTEN FOODS FARM, LLC shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or crushed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of: ground white pepper, ground black pepper, and ground cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Remove all stems from mushrooms and chop, set aside.
To prepare the filling to stuff the mushroom caps, start heating the olive oil over medium heat in a medium to large saucepan. Add the pressed/crushed garlic and about 1/3 of the chopped mushroom stems to the pan. Stir and heat until the oil is mostly absorbed, then add the rest of the chopped stems, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and peppers. Stir until mixed smooth.
Place mushroom caps in an oven safe dish (spray with cooking oil so they don’t stick). Fill each cap with a big spoonful of the filling. Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top of all mushrooms. Once all filled, place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Remove dish from the oven, let cool and plate.
Makes approx. 12-15 stuffed mushrooms.